In 3rd place on the list of the top restaurants in the world ‘ideal for photos and selfies’, is the elegant sea-front 7 Thalasses in Rethymno, Crete and a very respectable 19th on the list, the gastronomic heavy hitter, Seaside Santorini in, yes you’ve guessed it, Santorini.
Also 3rd, on the list of top romantic restaurants, is Mylos A La Carte Restaurant in Rhodes, whilst Lotus Eaters Restaurant in Elounda was ranked at 10th and Phos Restaurant in Platis Gialos in Mykonos came in at 14th on that same list.
In the global list of ‘hidden treasures’, for restaurants in lesser-known locations and spots that locals love, is the enduring Archontiko in Agios Nikolaos, Crete at number 13.
Drum roll please…..And the 10 best Greek luxury restaurants, according to Tripadvisor’s reviewers, are:
1.Mylos A La Carte Restaurant, Kolymbia, Rhodes.
2. 7 Thalasses, Rethymno.
Crete Mediteranean/Asian seafood
3. Carne, Rhodes Town, Rhodes.
4. Nea Diagonios, Kalamaria, Thessaloniki.
5. Terrassa Restaurant, Elounda, Crete.
6. La Tavola Calda, Corfu Town, Corfu.
7. Aleria, Metaxourgio, Athens.
8. Eleas Gi, Kifissia, Athens.
9. L’aragosta, Kalafatis, Mykonos.
10. RR – Rodostamo Restaurant, Limni, Corfu.
6 of the top gastronomic hot-spots on Magical Mykonos
Flavours of Samos: From Traditional Tavernas to Modern Gourmet Restaurants
Volos’ renowned tsipouradika: 8 great choices for tsipouro spirit and meze